Listen to the advice that I dont listen too and play better poker....

Listen to the advice that I dont listen to and play better poker....

Friday 1 October 2010

Drama even at the one dollar level

So to combat my horrendous downturn at the moment (which has been going since I started playing) I have decided to enter some really low buy in tournaments, last night going for a one dollar event on Titan, with three hundred odd players. Anyway as is the only thing to do in these tournaments I played super tight through the first few levels, and tried to avoid getting many chips in especially preflop. Just playing premium hands i managed two double ups by the second break, where only one hundred players remained and i was in a comfortable twenty something position. Would this be my first cash for months?!it certainly looked promising, although I should now point out that I didnt enter the tournament until nearly midnight, which does bring in hazards in itself. You guessed it, I managed to fall asleep, waking up over an hour later to see my chipstack completely wittled down to a couple blinds! I managed to limp into the money for about two dollars, making nearly a one dollar return after rake, what a fantastic way to return to winning form!

1 comment:

  1. Lesson: If you are falling asleep when you are about to register, you probaly wont play your best at the later stages!

    ReplyDelete